Hi, friends.

As I mentioned in my last post, my uncle passed away.

After attending another funeral this past Wednesday evening—that instance being for a long-time family friend whom was near and dear to my heart—I drove out to Kansas with my dad’s younger sister to attend my Uncle Johnny’s funeral service (which was today) and be with my extended family during this time of grief.

I am going to be completely honest with you guys: for about a week now, I have been totally “off the wagon.” In fact, I think it’d be a more apt description to say that I fell off the wagon, it ran me over, and then the horses came back to trample me.

If I’m up about 5 lbs. in just one week’s time, I would not be surprised. That whole “no processed, I’m only eating ‘natural’ foods for the week” thing? Yeah. That did not happen. This week was just far too stressful, and I did not handle it well.

During my trip out to Kansas, I tried my best to eat well, though, and I did a pretty good job of that for about 80% of the time. Obviously since I woke up at a motel in the middle of nowhere, I was a little limited as to what I could find, but I think I did OK.

I stopped at a sandwich shop late last night for a 6 inch turkey and cheese on wheat. I topped it with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, pickles, and mustard. I also bought a bag of cashews and munched on those, although I’m sure I ate too many to consider them point-friendly.

This morning at the continental breakfast at the motel, I had a cup and a half of plain oatmeal topped with 2 tbsp. of dried cranberries and 1 tbsp. of chopped almonds. I also had some fresh fruit, a scoop of scrambled eggs, and a cup of black coffee with a little fat-free milk and sugar-free syrup.

There were a couple of potluck-type situations for lunches/dinners/whatnot, and I stuck to veggies and fruits during those times: I had lots of green beans, lots of fruit platter offerings, and some potatoes. I also had a couple of slices of wheat bread with a teaspoon of real butter.

I drank a lot of Diet Coke/Pepsi while I was away and not nearly enough water… and I did have two mixed drinks, too, but both of them were rum and Diets, and those aren’t too horrible point-wise!

…I may have had a few homemade cookies after church, too… A few as in four… but they were small!

So, see—overall I did OK-ish. I made some good choices, I made some not-so-good choices, but it’s over and done with.

Obviously since I was at a funeral service this morning, though, I didn’t get a chance to make it to Weight Watchers to weigh… So I have no idea what the scale is looking like at the moment, but as I said… I’m not super hopeful it’s saying anything too good.

So, tomorrow I’m starting fresh. I’m going to stay within my dailies each day this week, not use any weeklies, and eliminate as much processed food as I can (although I’m not going to promise to cut it out entirely at the moment). Next Friday, I will weigh-in at Weight Watchers as I usually do, and I’ll see how things are looking.

I have big plans for the month of May food-wise, so I’m excited to write more about that later.

Thank you so much—sincerely—for your nice thoughts and condolences, and also for always reading and supporting my endeavors. It means a lot!

I hope you all have a lovely week.

Eat well. Be well.



One thought on “Wagon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s